On this Mandarin language school trip to China, student’s will improve their Mandarin skills through lessons, interactions with locals, cooking classes and cultural inspiration. Our Mandarin educational tour goes to the diverse locations of Beijing, Xi’An and Shanghai – where student’s will explore the Great Wall of China, the Terracotta Warriors and a buzzing financial district – all fascinating and different parts of China where their knowledge of the language will flourish.
Read on below to find out all about our amazing China Language school trip. But remember – all our trips are fully customisable! Simply enquire with us to learn more, or browse the rest of our China school trips here.
*Prices based on 2 free teachers per 20 paying students, not including flights.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, including airport pick-up and drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
Day 1: Welcome to China!
- Be greeted at arrivals by an enthusiastic Adventure Leader, ready to start your Mandarin Language School Trip in China! After arriving you will be provided with a trip briefing, where your Adventure Leaders will explain details about your travel plans, give advice on how to adapt to the local culture and outline how you will stay safe during your travels.
- Prepare to be transported back in time as you embark on a captivating journey through history, culture, and the soul of this vibrant city. Take a guided tour of the Hutongs of Beijing. Hutongs are narrow alleyways that wind their way through traditional courtyard homes, offering a glimpse into the city’s rich past. By exploring these ancient streets on foot, you’ll have a chance to truly immerse yourself in the authentic charm and unique atmosphere that can only be found in the hutongs.
Day 2: Mandarin Language Lessons
- Whether beginner, intermediate, or advanced, students take part in a rigorous series of Mandarin lessons, specially matched to the required level. As China’s cultural powerhouse, Beijing offers an ideal environment to explore the fascinating world of Mandarin
- Head to Lama Temple, one of Beijing’s most influential Buddhist sites. Then, visit the Confucius Temple, located nearby, to learn about the father of Chinese philosophy and Confucianism
- Get ready to be amazed by the spectacular Red Theatre Kung Fu Show! The Red Theatre Kung Fu Show is a breathtaking display of Chinese martial arts at its finest. Prepare to be in awe as highly skilled performers demonstrate incredible acts of strength, agility, and precision, all while telling a captivating story through their movements.
Day 3: The Great Wall of China
- Travel to the outskirts of the city and hike to a secluded and incredibly beautiful section of the Great Wall, avoiding the crowds. The Great Wall of China stands as a testament to human ingenuity and perseverance, stretching majestically across mountains, valleys, and breathtaking landscapes.
- Indulge in the essence of Beijing’s rich culinary heritage—the legendary Peking duck. Renowned worldwide for its succulent meat and crispy skin, Peking duck is a must-try dining experience that will tantalize your senses and leave you craving for more.
Day 4: Mandarin Lessons
- The next Mandarin class specifically focuses on expanding vocabulary, improving pronunciation, and deepening understanding of grammar structures.
- Learn about China’s imperial history at Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. The Forbidden City stands as a symbol of China’s rich history and imperial power.
- Embark on an overnight sleeper train journey from Beijing to Xi’an, an adventure that promises unforgettable memories and a truly authentic travel experience.
Day 5: Xi’An
- Prepare to be awestruck and transported back in time as you venture into a world of ancient majesty at the legendary Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an. The Terracotta Warriors and Horses are an astonishing underground army that was created over two millennia ago to accompany Emperor Qin Shi Huang into the afterlife.
- Explore the ancient artistry of the Terracotta Warriors by participating in a terracotta warrior making workshop. A terracotta warrior making workshop offers a unique opportunity to channel your creativity and craftsmanship while gaining firsthand knowledge of the intricate techniques employed by the masterful artisans of the Qin Dynasty
- Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere and rich cultural tapestry of the Muslim Quarter in Xi’an—a mesmerizing fusion of history, religion, and culinary delights. The Muslim Quarter, also known as Huimin Street, is a captivating enclave that harmoniously blends Chinese and Islamic influences, creating a unique and vibrant ambiance.
Day 6: Mandarin Lessons
- Get ready for more lessons! Take a Mandarin lesson in Xi’An, surrounded by thousands of years of Chinese history, from the magnificent Terracotta Warriors to the ancient city walls. It’s a fascinating backdrop that adds depth and context to your language learning journey.
- Indulge your senses in the serene beauty and spiritual aura of the Great Wild Goose Pagoda in Xi’an—a mesmerizing architectural masterpiece that embodies the rich cultural heritage and ancient wisdom of China. The Great Wild Goose Pagoda, standing tall against the Xi’an skyline, holds profound historical and spiritual significance.
- Travel by overnight train to Shanghai. Trains provides a unique opportunity to mingle with locals, soak up the ambiance, and get a real sense of China’s diverse culture.
Day 7: Shanghai
- Transport yourself to a realm of tranquility, beauty, and rich Chinese heritage as you explore the Yu Yuan Garden in Shanghai. Enjoy the enchantment of this meticulously designed oasis, where history, architecture, and nature converge to create a truly remarkable experience.
- Take a guided tour of People’s Square, visit Shanghai Museum before walk down to The Bund to Learn about China’s rapid urban development.
- Embark on a mesmerizing journey through the heart of Shanghai, and immerse yourself in a Huangpu River cruise. Sit back and take in the panoramic views of the Bund—a waterfront promenade lined with majestic buildings that reflect the city’s history of international trade and colonial past.
Day 8: Mandarin Class
- Students can brush up on their language skills by taking a mandarin class in Shanghai. Shanghai is a dynamic metropolis that seamlessly blends rich history with modernity.
- Step into the heart of Shanghai’s modernity and marvel at the awe-inspiring skyline on a Lujiazui tour— the iconic financial district.
- Embark on a culinary adventure, and experience the vibrant flavours of Shanghai through the sizzling delight of hotpot. Hotpot is more than just a meal—it’s a social gathering, a celebration of togetherness, and a cherished tradition that has been embraced by generations of locals and visitors alike.
Day 9: Cooking Class
- Learn the art of Chinese cooking through a memorable cooking class. Shanghai is renowned for its diverse and tantalizing cuisine—a harmonious blend of regional flavors, fresh ingredients, and culinary craftsmanship.
- A walking tour of the Shanghai Old French Concession provides a chance to explore the city’s history and cosmopolitan ambiance. Located in the heart of Shanghai, this charming neighborhood was once home to a thriving French expat community, and today it retains much of its old-world charm.
- Dive into a world of wonder and prepare to be spellbound by the breathtaking acrobatic and theatrical prowess showcased in the sensational ERA performance.
Day 10: Bye, China!
It’s home time, but it’s not over. China’s unforgettable language and culture will follow you back to the classroom…and beyond.
Learning Adventure’s mission is to expand minds through transformative travel experiences, so we hope that as you settle into your seat for the journey home, that all you have experienced during your trip will leave you with a feeling of increased confidence, knowledge, understanding and yearning for your next adventure!
Improve Mandarin language skills through specialist lessons and everyday interactions.
Appreciate China’s culture through hands-on experiences such as cooking classes.
Learn about China’s history, from ancient to modern, through visiting key historical locations with guides.
Speak to a specialist
"*" indicates required fields