Art and Design Trip in India
Our art trips in India gives students the chance to experience, up close and personal, this fascinating centre of art and design. We’ll explore some of the incredible diversity of the artistic scene in India and enable students to not only see works of art but put their own skills into practice. India is always a feast for the senses and this trip is a chance to draw one’s eyes upon a range of creative riches.
This tour takes in a whole load of fascinating sights and we can adapt it according to your school’s needs. We love hands-on activities and this art school trip in India is no different with a whole series of kinaesthetic learning opportunities. There’s a silk and brocades workshop, a photography experience and a sketching session by the Taj Mahal. Plus- we’ll also see some of the magical creative sights on offer: street painting in Varanasi, a Bollywood studio in Mumbai, Delhi’s emerging art scene and the Elephanta Caves. What’s more- there’s some cultural activities such as volunteering in a temple kitchen, the rituals of the Ganga Aarti and a night market.
✓ Local tour guide in each city
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, airport pick-up & drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
An Example itinerary
- Arrive at Delhi’s international airport be greeted by your guides.
- Trip briefing at your accommodation and refresh for the week ahead!
- Join an art lesson given by local artists in one of Delhi’s emerging art galleries.
- Discover the Kiran Nadar Museum of Art and the National Gallery of Modern Art
- Visit a night market to observe local life before returning to the hotel.
- Visit India’s famous Sikh Golden Temple and volunteer in the temple’s kitchen.
- Head to Lodhi Garden and then explore the unique Indian street art.
- Dine and watch a traditional Indian dance and singing performance.
- Head toThe Taj Mahal. Sketching session here to record this breath-taking architecture.
- Visit Agra Fort. Photography workshop with local expert
- Night train to Varanasi. Students will be arranged in a private sleeper carriages with no other members of public in the same cabins
- Guided walking tour around Varanasi, exploring the street paintings along Varanasi’s vibrant ghats (riverfront) with a local artist.
- Indian silk & brocades workshop
- Watch the Ganga River Aarti.
- Fly to Mumbai and visit Bollywood with behind the scenes tour.
- Night walking tour through the city
- Visit Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and the Gateway of India.
- Spend the afternoon at the Prince of Wales Museum of Western India which houses large amounts of historic Indian art collections.
- Visit Majiwada night market, which is the perfect spot to pick up some final souvenirs.
- Visit the famous Elephanta Caves, another UNESCO World Heritage Site which is a collection of cave temples predominantly dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
- Reflection session about the trip
✓ Hostel, 3* and 4* hotel options
✓ Coach and public transport options
✓ All accommodation and transport used is fully audited
✓ Expert tour guides provided
✓ Pre-trip support
✓ Educational materials available
Thank you for making the trip such a wonderful memory.
TLA [The Learning Adventure] was great about incorporating our requests for travel and including their own recommendations. As always, a true pleasure to work with. Their attention to details is truly amazing.
I just wanted to thank you for putting together such a great trip for our students. The feedback from the staff was excellent and they were particularly impressed by the communication in the build-up to the trip, along with the local knowledge of the guide, the range of activities, and the clear contingency planning when the weather didn't cooperate. I am very keen that we repeat this trip next year…
Our guides were remarkable in their care and concern. They appreciated our needs and requests as well as made the time to choose meaningful activities for us. Very well done.
Thanks for being fun, polite, and patient. We appreciated everything from bringing us on subways to public transport to ordering special food to being on time.
Hassle free for teachers! The Learning Adventure is experienced in running trips for schools – they know all the drills, e.g. first-aid, insurance, risk assessments, visa application, diet requirements, you name it.
We enjoyed all the activities immensely, there was a huge range. The school we visited this time was brilliant, so well organised. The guides really tried hard to reference the aims of the trip. Peter was exceptional, he was kind and was very concerned that everyone was well and enjoying themselves. He was also very informative. The geography lecturer was exceptional and fitted the brief 110%!
The students got the chance to experience the environment of a corporate office which gave them an idea of what working life might be like in the future. The workshops and talk by the guest speaker gave the students insights into start-up businesses and ways in which they can seek support to be entrepreneurs. The students felt really inspired by the talk given by the young entrepreneur as having a young person speak to them about success helped the students to understand that they can have confidence in themselves and their futures. The students enjoyed the workshop where they were given the opportunity to work together and share creative thoughts about start-up ideas. Thank you for organising a really insightful, educational and fun-filled trip for our students. They really enjoyed it!
Health & safety were well taken care of. None of the travellers got sick because of food on the trip, and an effort was always made to ensure the cleanest available restroom. We were always advised to wear seatbelts on the bus when on the highway. The food in Shanghai was a good variety of both dishes and cuisine, and I really appreciated how much effort Caroline put into making sure our 素菜宝宝 had enough to eat.
I really enjoyed every part of The Learning Adventure as it helped me learn a lot of new interesting things and gave me an insight into business and how to make a start in it, particularly a start-up. Beginning with a short tour around Greater London informed our team about the historical context of the amazing business district and how it all started, and later on I found the start-up activity absorbing and interactive while the entrepreneur who talked to us about such things like career options helped a lot. Our guide was friendly and everything went smoothly. Thank you so much The Learning Adventure!
Fantastic! Helpful, patient, passionate; an ambassador for her country - she created a great impression on the students. Very personable.