Sports tours to New York are a brilliant way to see the Big Apple and engage with US sporting culture. With more sporting acronyms than you can shake a hockey stick at represented at a professional level in the city (MLS, NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL), New York is hard to beat. When you set that alongside a thriving college and amateur sports scene within one of the world’s most iconic cities, your next adventure is closer than you think.
With football (soccer), rugby and basketball, there is a wealth of possibility when it comes to your team fixtures and setting up coaching sessions with a professional team.
Take a look below at an example itinerary for football sports tours to New York. Remember, all of our school trips are completely customisable so enquire now for tailored sports tours to New York or one of our other destinations.
*Prices based on groups of 20 students and 2 free teachers, not including flights.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, including airport pick-up and drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
Day 1: Arrive in New York City
- Fly in to a New York City airport. Transfer to your central accommodation on your private coach.
- Enjoy dinner in the city.
Day 2: Pro coaching session
- Board your waiting transfer to take you to your pro-coaching session with a local MLS team.
- Make the most of your New York City Pass to explore the city and it’s many amazing attractions. Travel to the top of the Rockefeller Centre for amazing views of Manhattan, including Central Park and the Empire State Building.
Day 3: Sport fixture
- This morning you’ll again be able to make use of your city pass. Take the ferry to see the iconic Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- Depending on fixture location, you’ll board your private transfer to play your first touring fixture. After the game, enjoy quality time with your hosts and immerse yourself in touring culture.
- Enjoy dinner with your hosts.
Day 4: City exploration and live NBA game
- This morning you’ll again be able to make use of your city pass, discovering culture at one of New York’s leading museums such as the Museum of Modern Art, the Guggenheim Museum or the American Museum of Natural History. We will
aid you in making bookings, planning routes and ensuring you’re getting the most from your time.
- Embrace local sports culture by attending a live NBA game.
Day 5: Sport fixture
- Explore Downtown Manhattan. Use your city pass to visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
- Transfer via private coach to your final tour fixture. Enjoy spending time with your hosts and gaining an understanding of US sporting culture.
Day 6: Fly home
- Fly from a New York City airport.
- Return home after incredible experiences together as a team.