This Roman Britain school trip to Hadrian’s Wall provides hands-on experience with one of the UK’s most important historic periods. Through the archaeological exploration of the Roman Forts, Housesteads & Vindolanda, students will better understand what it was like to live on the edge of the Roman world in Britain!
Want to learn more? Discover the incredible history of Roman Britain in our detailed itinerary below! Or find out more about the history trips we offer here. Remember, all our school trips are completely customisable.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, including school pick-up and drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
Day 1: Hadrian’s Wall & Housesteads Roman Fort
Dive straight into the wonders of Roman Britain with a first look at Hadrian’s Wall – a 73-mile wall built to guard the wild northwest frontier of the Roman Empire.
- After being picked up from school by a private coach and driver who will be on hand for the next two days, head north towards Carlisle and Hadrian’s Wall!
- Pay a visit to Housesteads, the first Roman fort of the school trip! Enjoy exploring this fort and learning about Roman life on the wall. But ‘oh no’… there’s been a murder at the fort! Take part in the murder mystery workshop while learning more about life inside the fort.
- Drive west to your accommodation and enjoy a fun evening of bowling!
Day 2: Hadrian’s Wall & Vindolanda Roman Fort
- It’s time to visit Vindolanda, one of Britain’s most famous Roman forts. Explore the archaeological site and museum to understand more about what it would have been like to live on the edge of the Roman world!
- Time to get back on the coach and head home to pass on your newly acquired knowledge and memories from the very north of Roman Britain!
A Roman Britain school trip around the UK informs and expands on learning required across curriculums.
Interactive learning experiences expand students’ understanding of life on Hadrian’s Wall.
Understand more about the Roman army with visits to museums and archaeological sites.
Learn about the experiences of soldiers in Roman Britain with visits to two of England’s best Roman forts.
Speak to a specialist
"*" indicates required fields