This Roman Britain school trip to Chedworth Roman Villa and the Roman Baths provides hands-on experience with one of the UK’s most important historic periods. Through the archaeological exploration of some of the world’s most well-preserved ruins, villas, and baths, students will better understand the culture and daily life of Roman civilisation in the UK.
Want to learn more? Discover the incredible history of Roman Britain in our detailed itinerary below! Or find out more about the history trips we offer here. Remember, all our school trips are completely customisable.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, including school pick-up and drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
Day 1: Chedworth Roman Villa
Dive straight into the wonders of Roman Britain with Chedworth Roman Villa – one of the grandest villas surviving from life during the Roman period in Britain!
- After being picked up from school by a private coach and driver who will be on hand for the next two days, make your way towards the south west of England – where the wonders of Roman Britain lie!
- Visit the amazing Chedworth Roman Villa, nestled in a beautiful Cotswold valley with idyllic views and rich wildlife. Enjoy exceptional access to extensive mosaic floors, and get an up-close look of Roman bath houses and hypocaust systems.
- Then, drive on to Bath and get settled into your hotel! Enjoy a fun evening of either bowling or crazy golf depending on the season!
Day 2: Roman Baths
Day 1 presented what a private bath house looked like, now it’s time to go public with a visit to the Roman Baths. These are some of the best-preserved baths in the world with thousands of archaeological finds from pre-Roman and Roman Britain!
- Kick things off with a teaching session from one of the museums’ specialists! Learn more about the baths and why the Romans settled here, and even handle some original objects from the baths themselves!
- Enjoy some free time to wonder through the museum where there is so much to learn about!
- After, it’s time to get back on the coach and head home to pass on your newly acquired knowledge and memories from the Roman Bath!
A Roman Britain school trip around the UK informs and expands on learning required across curriculums.
Hands on archaeological teaching session at Roman Bath – learn all about the history of this city through the objects themselves!
Understanding of different private and public bathing facilities in Roman Britain.
Learn about Roman art and decoration through museum visits.
Speak to a specialist
"*" indicates required fields