This culture school trip in Singapore and Malaysia takes in three cities over eight days and offers students a fascinating look into Singaporean and Malay history and heritage. A city tour and a traditional bumboat ride display the melting pot of cultures in Singapore, while activities such as a cooking class allow students hands-on experience. In Malaysia, students explore Peranakan culture at the Nyonya Heritage Museum and Chinese culture in the bustling heart of Kuala Lumpur’s Chinatown. Visiting the Batu Caves is a real highlight, allowing students to marvel at the carved cave temples that are important places of pilgrimage for many Tamil residents of Malaysia.
This tour provides an engaging and well-rounded insight into the culture of Singapore and Malaysia, giving your group an experience they will always remember.
Discover a detailed itinerary for a culture school trip in Singapore and Malaysia below! But remember, all of our school trips are completely customisable.
*Prices based on groups of 20 students and 2 free teachers, not including flights.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, including airport pick-up and drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
Day 1: Arrival in Singapore
- Arrive at the airport, where our enthusiastic Adventure Leaders will be waiting for you at the arrivals gate, waving our Learning Adventure flag.
- Transfer to your accommodation and once you are refreshed and settled, come together for a trip briefing. Your adventure leaders will explain details about your travel plans, give advice on how to adapt to the local culture and outline how you will stay safe during your travels.
- Explore the amazing forest valley and collection of art and nature exhibits at Changi Airport. There is a reason it is regarded as one of the world’s most spectacular airports!
Day 2: Singapore City Tour and boat ride
- Enjoy a half day city tour visiting Singapore’s most iconic sites, including Kampong Glam, China Town, Little India and the Raffles Hotel. You’ll experience the melting pot of cultures in Singapore as you board the bus with our local guide as part of your own private tour.
- Hop aboard a traditional bumboat, a humble mode of water transportation that has ferried both goods and people across the Singapore River for decades. Set sail across the water, bound for Merlion Park, home to the magnificent water fountain statue, shaped as the mythical Merlion.
- Enjoy panoramic views from the Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck, perched atop one of the most iconic buildings in both Singapore and the world.