With this Classics school trip to Madrid, introduce your students to a different side of the Roman Empire. Explore some of the greatest sites Spain has to offer with visits to key ancient Roman cities and museums. Delight in all of this while experiencing modern Spanish culture too. A visit to Roman Spain offers well-preserved villas, mosaics, public entertainment buildings and sculpture from the important Roman province of Hispania. Highlights of the trip include the UNESCO town of Segovia, the Archaeological Park of Segobriga and the Roman city of Complutum.
Head to our Classics page to find out more.
*Prices based on groups of 20 students and 2 free teachers, not including flights.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, including airport pick-up and drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
Day 1: Welcome to Spain
- Touch down in Madrid and be greeted at the airport by an Adventure Leader. They’ll assist with the transfer to your accommodation, and provide some time for check-in. After, come together for a trip briefing to learn about the schedule for the rest of the visit.
- Next, it’s time to head out into Madrid for a walking tour to see some amazing sights and learn more about the city’s history. Walk through the beautiful Parque del Retiro, the Royal Palace and the Mercado San Miguel.
- This evening, enjoy a delicious welcome dinner with some traditional Spanish tapas.
Day 2: Museums and Roman cities
- Dive right into the rich history of Spain at the Museom Arqueologico Nacional. Explore the galleries full of rich archaeological material and learn more about Roman Hispania.
- Travel just outside of modern Madrid to the Roman city of Complutum, begun during the reign of Emperor Augustus. Take in the city’s public buildings, impressive villas, and beautiful mosaics.
A Classics school trip to Spain informs and expands on learning required across curriculums.
Learn about how Roman cities were establised and maintained in the provincial cities of Complutum and Segobriga.
Explore the beautiful examples of provincial Roman art in the museums of Madrid.
Marvel at the Segovia aqueduct, one of the best-preserved examples of Roman architecture.
Speak to a specialist