Trekking School Trip in Nepal
Our trekking school trips in Nepal combine the great outdoors with personal development and teamwork-tasks. These hands-on experiences are curated to promote their self-confidence, cross-cultural insight and personal development.
Trekking and Nepal go hand in hand: nestled in the Himalayas, it makes for the perfect destination for a trekking school trip. Our treks take students through forests, terraced hills and up to the famous Poon Hill for some breath-taking views. We can also work in a range of other activities into the itinerary, including boating, temple visits and exploring the city of Kathmandu.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, airport pick-up & drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
An Example Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Nepal
- Arrive at Kathmandu Airport, where our enthusiastic Adventure Leaders will be waiting for you at the arrivals gate, waving our Learning Adventure flag.
- Transfer to your accommodation and once you are refreshed and settled, come together for a trip briefing. Your adventure leaders will explain details about your travel plans, give advice on how to adapt to the local culture and outline how you will stay safe during your travels.
Day 2: Australian Camp
- It’s time to leave Kathmandu behind and head to the Annapurna Base Camp (8 hours via private coach). Meet your porters here and then begin walking up towards the Australian Camp.
- To ensure you can slowly and safely acclimatize, it will be a gentle 90-minute hike through forests to a huge plateau where we will spend the night in mountain lodges. As the sun sets, enjoy stunning views over Himalayan Panoramas of the Annapurna Range, Machhapuchhare , Lamjung Himal and Manaslu Massif.
Day 3: Trek to Landruk
- Walk through beautiful forests to join the main trail from Dhampus arriving at a hamlet called Pothana.
- Have a break at one of the quaint tea houses, then walk along the gentle ridgeline bordered by rhododendrons and sandalwood forests, arriving at Pitam Deurali.
- Walk on through Tolka enjoying the views of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli, before arriving at Landruk where you’ll spend the night.
Day 4: Trek to Chhomrong
- Walk through terraced fields to Himalpani (1,330m) and cross the river on a long suspension bridge.
- You’re now trekking through bamboo forests until you reach Jhinu Danda (1,780m) for lunch. After lunch, we climb higher to Taulung (2180m), before stopping for the night at Chomrong.
Day 5: Chhomrong to Dobhan
- Cross the Chhomrong Khola on a narrow path which skirts around a ridge snout, passing above a hamlet. After traversing several avalanche-chutes, reach a small hydro power plant near where we will spend the night.
Day 6: Dobhan to Deurali
- Beyond Dobhan the trail crosses a stream and avalanche-chutes, then climb across the site of a former landslide.
- Trek into the forest to a small temple known as Baraha Than. To be respectful of local beliefs and traditions, climbers should not carry eggs or meat beyond this point.
- Walk to the Hinku Cave (3,100m), cross the remnants of a glacier, and then climb over large boulders to arrive at Deurali (3,230 m).
Day 7: Annapurna Base Camp
- Continue your ascent arriving at Machhapuchhre Base Camp, from which is it is a pleasant walk to arrive at Annapurna Base Camp.
- This stunning destination is the highest point you’ll reach on your trek, and you may feel the effects of the thinner air.
- Look out over the amphitheatre of snow-capped mountains and gaze at colossal Annapurna, towering over you with a height of 8,091m.
Day 8-10: ABC to Ghorepani
- Continue your trek on from Annapurna base camp. Spend 3 days trekking through stunning landscapes, breathtaking fauna and quaint tea houses, arriving at Ghorepani.
Day 11: Ghorepani to Hile
- Another highlight of your hike is arriving at Poon Hill (3,291 m) for excellent views of the Annapurna Massif. Watch sunrise over the mountains and return to Ghorepani for breakfast in our lodge. Trek on to Tirkhedhunga, where you will bid farewell to your porters.
Day 12-13: Pokhara
- Have breakfast at Hile and trek to Nayapool to complete your epic trek. Take a coach to Pokhara and check into your hotel for a well-earned rest back in the relatively developed town of Pokhara.
- Having had 11 days in the wilderness, it’s time to kick back with a move at the Movie Garden, a much-loved outdoor cinema which shows classic movies nightly.
- Spend the next morning splashing around in boats on the Phewa Taal Lake, where spectacular views of the mountains reflect on to the waters.
- Visit the International Mountaineering Museum, to learn more about the great mountaineers whose footsteps helped forge the way for your own adventure in Nepal.
Day 14-16: Kathmandu
- Board a private coach back to Kathmandu (7 hours). Arrive at your hotel in the heart of bustling Thamel District. Before dinner, head out for a little souvenir shopping or to just soak up the atmosphere of this lively quarter.
- Tomorrow head out for a day exploring the best sites of Kathamandu. Visit the holy monkeys at Swayambhunath Stupa Temple, call in at the Boudhhanath which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and end the day observing evening Prayers at Pashupatinth Temple.
- In the evening, find a quiet spot to come together for a reflection session. Through discussion, listening and guided thought, participants can process their experiences, digest new ideas and consider what they have learned about themselves, each other, Nepal and its people during this once-in-a-lifetime expedition.
- Tomorrow you will be transferring to the airport for your flight home after an incredible adventure!
✓ Hostel, 3* and 4* hotel options
✓ Coach and public transport options
✓ All accommodation and transport used is fully audited
✓ All rafting and trekking instruction
✓ Expert tour guides provided
✓ Pre-trip support
✓ Educational materials available
✓ Coaching support offered
TLA [The Learning Adventure] was great about incorporating our requests for travel and including their own recommendations. As always, a true pleasure to work with. Their attention to details is truly amazing.
We enjoyed all the activities immensely, there was a huge range. The school we visited this time was brilliant, so well organised. The guides really tried hard to reference the aims of the trip. Peter was exceptional, he was kind and was very concerned that everyone was well and enjoying themselves. He was also very informative. The geography lecturer was exceptional and fitted the brief 110%!
The students got the chance to experience the environment of a corporate office which gave them an idea of what working life might be like in the future. The workshops and talk by the guest speaker gave the students insights into start-up businesses and ways in which they can seek support to be entrepreneurs. The students felt really inspired by the talk given by the young entrepreneur as having a young person speak to them about success helped the students to understand that they can have confidence in themselves and their futures. The students enjoyed the workshop where they were given the opportunity to work together and share creative thoughts about start-up ideas. Thank you for organising a really insightful, educational and fun-filled trip for our students. They really enjoyed it!
Hassle free for teachers! The Learning Adventure is experienced in running trips for schools – they know all the drills, e.g. first-aid, insurance, risk assessments, visa application, diet requirements, you name it.
I just wanted to thank you for putting together such a great trip for our students. The feedback from the staff was excellent and they were particularly impressed by the communication in the build-up to the trip, along with the local knowledge of the guide, the range of activities, and the clear contingency planning when the weather didn't cooperate. I am very keen that we repeat this trip next year…
I really enjoyed every part of The Learning Adventure as it helped me learn a lot of new interesting things and gave me an insight into business and how to make a start in it, particularly a start-up. Beginning with a short tour around Greater London informed our team about the historical context of the amazing business district and how it all started, and later on I found the start-up activity absorbing and interactive while the entrepreneur who talked to us about such things like career options helped a lot. Our guide was friendly and everything went smoothly. Thank you so much The Learning Adventure!
Thank you for making the trip such a wonderful memory.
Health & safety were well taken care of. None of the travellers got sick because of food on the trip, and an effort was always made to ensure the cleanest available restroom. We were always advised to wear seatbelts on the bus when on the highway. The food in Shanghai was a good variety of both dishes and cuisine, and I really appreciated how much effort Caroline put into making sure our 素菜宝宝 had enough to eat.
Our guides were remarkable in their care and concern. They appreciated our needs and requests as well as made the time to choose meaningful activities for us. Very well done.
Fantastic! Helpful, patient, passionate; an ambassador for her country - she created a great impression on the students. Very personable.
Thanks for being fun, polite, and patient. We appreciated everything from bringing us on subways to public transport to ordering special food to being on time.