Challenge Based Taiwu Hiking Tour (Beijing)
Engage in truly experiential learning with our challenge-based programme in Taiwu. Our programme combines hiking Mt Taiwu with other activities to create an experience that encourages both personal and team development.
Students will travel up and down the magnificent Mt Taiwu by 3 different methods (hiking, mountain biking, and luging). Our additional experiences on the trip combine learning practical skills such as pitching tents, alongside recreational activities such as riding buggies and playing golf. This adventure requires students to go beyond their usual routines, habits and familiar settings. Participants will learn that it is possible to achieve significant accomplishments by breaking a task down into smaller manageable stages, maintaining resilience and working as a team to achieve a common goal. This trip can be amended to make it less (or more!) challenging depending on students’ level.
✓ Local tour guide
✓ All accommodation costs, including tents
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, airport pick-up & drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
An Example itinerary
- Our adventure leaders will meet you at your school from where you will transfer by coach to Taiwu
- Check in to your rooms at a youth hostel, very suitable for school groups
- Get a welcome briefing over lunch from your adventure leaders
- Practice mountain bike skills before taking a cable car up the mountain, to then ride back down by bike. All safety equipment will be issued. Alternative activities can be arranged for those who cannot ride bikes.
- In the evening, enjoy a welcome feast of a lamb BBQ, a local speciality in the area.
- In the morning, explore the mountain by ATV – with specialist drivers and full safety equipment provided. This activity can be replaced if preferred by school.
- In the afternoon, your hike up Tai Wu will begin
- Hike for 3 hours to reach the summit before setting up camp nearby for the night. Students will be taught how to do this with tents and camping gear provided.
- Dinner will be delivered due to a no campfire policy
- Sit down for a reflection session – drinking hot chocolates with marshmallows!
- Start the day learning how to break down camp and then return to the hostel for breakfast and a shower
- Try your hand at golf at the nearby driving range
- Take cable cars up the mountain to experience travelling down the mountain in the funnest way: by luge! (small wheeled buggies)
- Pack your bags before heading back to your school by private coach
✓ Accommodation at a student-friendly hostel and camping
✓ Private coach transfer
✓ All accommodation and transport used is fully audited
✓ Expert local tour guides provided
✓ Pre-trip support, we can provide fapiaos and school parents’ evenings
✓ Educational materials available and all activity costs included
Our guides were remarkable in their care and concern. They appreciated our needs and requests as well as made the time to choose meaningful activities for us. Very well done.
I just wanted to thank you for putting together such a great trip for our students. The feedback from the staff was excellent and they were particularly impressed by the communication in the build-up to the trip, along with the local knowledge of the guide, the range of activities, and the clear contingency planning when the weather didn't cooperate. I am very keen that we repeat this trip next year…
Fantastic! Helpful, patient, passionate; an ambassador for her country - she created a great impression on the students. Very personable.
Health & safety were well taken care of. None of the travellers got sick because of food on the trip, and an effort was always made to ensure the cleanest available restroom. We were always advised to wear seatbelts on the bus when on the highway. The food in Shanghai was a good variety of both dishes and cuisine, and I really appreciated how much effort Caroline put into making sure our 素菜宝宝 had enough to eat.
TLA [The Learning Adventure] was great about incorporating our requests for travel and including their own recommendations. As always, a true pleasure to work with. Their attention to details is truly amazing.
Hassle free for teachers! The Learning Adventure is experienced in running trips for schools – they know all the drills, e.g. first-aid, insurance, risk assessments, visa application, diet requirements, you name it.
I really enjoyed every part of The Learning Adventure as it helped me learn a lot of new interesting things and gave me an insight into business and how to make a start in it, particularly a start-up. Beginning with a short tour around Greater London informed our team about the historical context of the amazing business district and how it all started, and later on I found the start-up activity absorbing and interactive while the entrepreneur who talked to us about such things like career options helped a lot. Our guide was friendly and everything went smoothly. Thank you so much The Learning Adventure!
Thanks for being fun, polite, and patient. We appreciated everything from bringing us on subways to public transport to ordering special food to being on time.
We enjoyed all the activities immensely, there was a huge range. The school we visited this time was brilliant, so well organised. The guides really tried hard to reference the aims of the trip. Peter was exceptional, he was kind and was very concerned that everyone was well and enjoying themselves. He was also very informative. The geography lecturer was exceptional and fitted the brief 110%!
Thank you for making the trip such a wonderful memory.
The students got the chance to experience the environment of a corporate office which gave them an idea of what working life might be like in the future. The workshops and talk by the guest speaker gave the students insights into start-up businesses and ways in which they can seek support to be entrepreneurs. The students felt really inspired by the talk given by the young entrepreneur as having a young person speak to them about success helped the students to understand that they can have confidence in themselves and their futures. The students enjoyed the workshop where they were given the opportunity to work together and share creative thoughts about start-up ideas. Thank you for organising a really insightful, educational and fun-filled trip for our students. They really enjoyed it!