Service Learning School Trip in Nepal
Our service learning school trips in Nepal allow students to do volunteering and service in an exciting and truly unique environment. These hands-on experiences are curated to promote their resilience, cultural understanding and personal development.
Nepal makes for an ideal location for service learning trips: home to stunning surroundings, thriving culture and offering a wide range of activities students can enjoy. In this specific example itinerary students are able to take part in the Her Farm Volunteering Service Program whilst also enjoying exciting activities such as white water rafting and learning how to cook traditional Nepalese food.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, airport pick-up & drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
An Example Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Nepal
- Arrive at Kathmandu Airport, where our enthusiastic Adventure Leaders will be waiting for you at the arrivals gate, waving our Learning Adventure flag.
- Transfer to your accommodation and once you are refreshed and settled, come together for a trip briefing. Your adventure leaders will explain details about your travel plans, give advice on how to adapt to the local culture and outline how you will stay safe during your travels.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Enjoy a full day tour covering the best sites of Kathamandu – visit the holy monkeys at Swayambhunath Stupa Temple, call in at the Boudhhanath which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and end the day observing evening prayers at Pashupatinth Temple.
Day 3: White Water Rafting
- Today students will experience a white water rafting adventure on the Trishuli river. Enjoy some thrills and some blissful stretches before heading back into Kathmandu.
- In the afternoon students will have a cooking class to learn about traditional Nepalese food, they will cook their own food for dinner today!
Day 4 & 5: Her Farm Volunteering
- Students will spend 2 days Her Farm Volunteering Service Program – a women’s empowerment educational program. Nepal has an extremely patriarchal culture, and Her Farm provides a safe place for victims of domestic abuse to live, farm and thrive. At Her Farm, these women work collectively to tend livestock and grow crops.
- Students will live on an organic farm that is owned and operated by a dynamic group of women, learn organic farming, and learn how to cook traditional Nepali foods.
Day 6: Return to Kathmandu
- Today students bid farewell to the farm community and take a private coach back to Kathmandu. Where they will have some final time for souvenir shopping and exploring more of Kathmandu.
- On the last night in Nepal, a traditional Nepalese dinner provides a chance for students, teachers and adventure leaders to come together for a reflection session. Through discussion, listening and guided thought, participants can process their experiences, digest new ideas and consider what they have learned about the region, its people and themselves during the trip.
Day 7: Home time!
- Sadly, today it’s time to head back to the airport for your flight home. The Learning Adventure’s mission is to expand minds through transformative travel experiences, so we hope that as you settle into your seat for the journey home, that all you have experienced during your trip will leave you with a feeling of increased confidence, knowledge, understanding and yearning for your next adventure!
✓ Hostel, 3* and 4* hotel options
✓ Coach and public transport options
✓ All accommodation and transport used is fully audited
✓ All activities and time on farm
✓ Expert tour guides provided
✓ Pre-trip support
✓ Educational materials available
✓ Coaching support offered
Thanks for being fun, polite, and patient. We appreciated everything from bringing us on subways to public transport to ordering special food to being on time.
Thank you for making the trip such a wonderful memory.
I just wanted to thank you for putting together such a great trip for our students. The feedback from the staff was excellent and they were particularly impressed by the communication in the build-up to the trip, along with the local knowledge of the guide, the range of activities, and the clear contingency planning when the weather didn't cooperate. I am very keen that we repeat this trip next year…
TLA [The Learning Adventure] was great about incorporating our requests for travel and including their own recommendations. As always, a true pleasure to work with. Their attention to details is truly amazing.
Hassle free for teachers! The Learning Adventure is experienced in running trips for schools – they know all the drills, e.g. first-aid, insurance, risk assessments, visa application, diet requirements, you name it.
The students got the chance to experience the environment of a corporate office which gave them an idea of what working life might be like in the future. The workshops and talk by the guest speaker gave the students insights into start-up businesses and ways in which they can seek support to be entrepreneurs. The students felt really inspired by the talk given by the young entrepreneur as having a young person speak to them about success helped the students to understand that they can have confidence in themselves and their futures. The students enjoyed the workshop where they were given the opportunity to work together and share creative thoughts about start-up ideas. Thank you for organising a really insightful, educational and fun-filled trip for our students. They really enjoyed it!
Fantastic! Helpful, patient, passionate; an ambassador for her country - she created a great impression on the students. Very personable.
Health & safety were well taken care of. None of the travellers got sick because of food on the trip, and an effort was always made to ensure the cleanest available restroom. We were always advised to wear seatbelts on the bus when on the highway. The food in Shanghai was a good variety of both dishes and cuisine, and I really appreciated how much effort Caroline put into making sure our 素菜宝宝 had enough to eat.
We enjoyed all the activities immensely, there was a huge range. The school we visited this time was brilliant, so well organised. The guides really tried hard to reference the aims of the trip. Peter was exceptional, he was kind and was very concerned that everyone was well and enjoying themselves. He was also very informative. The geography lecturer was exceptional and fitted the brief 110%!
I really enjoyed every part of The Learning Adventure as it helped me learn a lot of new interesting things and gave me an insight into business and how to make a start in it, particularly a start-up. Beginning with a short tour around Greater London informed our team about the historical context of the amazing business district and how it all started, and later on I found the start-up activity absorbing and interactive while the entrepreneur who talked to us about such things like career options helped a lot. Our guide was friendly and everything went smoothly. Thank you so much The Learning Adventure!
Thank you so much for the incredible experience, we all had an amazing time. I can't stress enough how great Katsumi was as a guide, he built a great relationship with the students and helped us feel safe and engaged throughout. Nishant was also very good when we had him for Kesenumma and he again built good relationships with the kids and his knowledge was great. Thanks again and look forward to working together again down the line!
Our guides were remarkable in their care and concern. They appreciated our needs and requests as well as made the time to choose meaningful activities for us. Very well done.
Request a quote
"*" indicates required fields