Outdoor Adventure School Trip in Nepal
Our outdoor adventure school trips in Nepal offer students the chance to develop some key life skills in some truly stunning surroundings. These hands-on experiences are curated to promote their resilience, cultural understanding and personal development.
Nepal lends itself to outdoor adventures and it’s a country that has attracted intrepid explorers for decades who are eager to take on the myriad of adventures within its borders. It’s a great location for an educational tour and our outdoor adventure Nepal trip has a whole host of exciting options for young people. Discover the culture and routines of monks with a monastery experience, marvel at the wonders of the natural surroundings on a trek and white-water raft amidst spectacular scenery.
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Full board meals for the entire trip
✓ All transportation costs, airport pick-up & drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 1 free teacher per 10 paying students
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
An Example Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Nepal
- Arrive at Kathmandu Airport, where our enthusiastic Adventure Leaders will be waiting for you at the arrivals gate, waving our Learning Adventure flag.
- Transfer to your accommodation and once you are refreshed and settled, come together for a trip briefing. Your adventure leaders will explain details about your travel plans, give advice on how to adapt to the local culture and outline how you will stay safe during your travels.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Enjoy a full day tour covering the best sites of Kathamandu – visit the holy monkeys at Swayambhunath Stupa Temple, call in at the Boudhhanath which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and end the day observing evening prayers at Pashupatinth Temple.
Day 3: Monastery Experience
- Transfer by private coach (7 hours) To Pokhara, known as the City of Lakes and and famed for its wonderful views of the surrounding mountains.
- Arrive in the outskirts of Pokhara, where you’ll start your Monastery Experience. As the sunsets, observe the monks’ debating class, their daily protection puja and finally tuck into a traditional Buddhist dinner. You’ll stay in a guesthouse adjoining the monastery this evening.
Day 4: Trek in the Mountains
- Wake early to observe morning prayers, have breakfast with the monks in their refectory
- Transfer by private coach to Pothana (1.5 hour) to begin your breathtaking trek through the mountains. Today you’ll pass through forests of oak, maple, hemlock and rhododendron and wind your way amongst sheering mountains to Forest Camp where you’ll stay the night in local guesthouses.
- (The trek is designed to be adventurous but enjoyable and very manageable for students with all levels of fitness and ability)
Day 5: Pokhara- lake-side wonder
- This morning you will continue your expedition by open top 4×4 jeeps, with some sections of hiking to spectacular view points over the Himalayan mountains, until you reach Pothana. From there you will transfer back to Pokhara by coach (1.5hr) having completed the beautiful trek!
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Pokhara, enjoy breath–taking views of Phewa Lake, Mt Annapyrna and Mt Fishtail. Explore the old district of Pokhara to experience real Nepalese culture and history
Day 6: Whitewater Rafting
- Enjoy a full day of whitewater rafting, lead by our internationally qualified intructors.
- On the last night in Nepal, a traditional Nepalese dinner provides a chance for students, teachers and adventure leaders to come together for a reflection session. Through discussion, listening and guided thought, participants can process their experiences, digest new ideas and consider what they have learned about the region, its people and themselves during the trip.
Day 7: Return Home
Sadly, today it’s time to head to Pokhara Airport for your flight back to Kathmandu then home. The Learning Adventure’s mission is to expand minds through transformative travel experiences, so we hope that as you settle into your seat for the journey home, that all you have experienced during your trip will leave you with a feeling of increased confidence, knowledge, understanding and yearning for your next adventure!
✓ Hostel, 3* and 4* hotel options
✓ Coach and public transport options
✓ All accommodation and transport used is fully audited
✓ All rafting and trekking instruction
✓ Expert tour guides provided
✓ Pre-trip support
✓ Educational materials available
✓ Coaching support offered
TLA [The Learning Adventure] was great about incorporating our requests for travel and including their own recommendations. As always, a true pleasure to work with. Their attention to details is truly amazing.
The students got the chance to experience the environment of a corporate office which gave them an idea of what working life might be like in the future. The workshops and talk by the guest speaker gave the students insights into start-up businesses and ways in which they can seek support to be entrepreneurs. The students felt really inspired by the talk given by the young entrepreneur as having a young person speak to them about success helped the students to understand that they can have confidence in themselves and their futures. The students enjoyed the workshop where they were given the opportunity to work together and share creative thoughts about start-up ideas. Thank you for organising a really insightful, educational and fun-filled trip for our students. They really enjoyed it!
Our guides were remarkable in their care and concern. They appreciated our needs and requests as well as made the time to choose meaningful activities for us. Very well done.
Fantastic! Helpful, patient, passionate; an ambassador for her country - she created a great impression on the students. Very personable.
I just wanted to thank you for putting together such a great trip for our students. The feedback from the staff was excellent and they were particularly impressed by the communication in the build-up to the trip, along with the local knowledge of the guide, the range of activities, and the clear contingency planning when the weather didn't cooperate. I am very keen that we repeat this trip next year…
I really enjoyed every part of The Learning Adventure as it helped me learn a lot of new interesting things and gave me an insight into business and how to make a start in it, particularly a start-up. Beginning with a short tour around Greater London informed our team about the historical context of the amazing business district and how it all started, and later on I found the start-up activity absorbing and interactive while the entrepreneur who talked to us about such things like career options helped a lot. Our guide was friendly and everything went smoothly. Thank you so much The Learning Adventure!
Hassle free for teachers! The Learning Adventure is experienced in running trips for schools – they know all the drills, e.g. first-aid, insurance, risk assessments, visa application, diet requirements, you name it.
We enjoyed all the activities immensely, there was a huge range. The school we visited this time was brilliant, so well organised. The guides really tried hard to reference the aims of the trip. Peter was exceptional, he was kind and was very concerned that everyone was well and enjoying themselves. He was also very informative. The geography lecturer was exceptional and fitted the brief 110%!
Thanks for being fun, polite, and patient. We appreciated everything from bringing us on subways to public transport to ordering special food to being on time.
Thank you for making the trip such a wonderful memory.
Health & safety were well taken care of. None of the travellers got sick because of food on the trip, and an effort was always made to ensure the cleanest available restroom. We were always advised to wear seatbelts on the bus when on the highway. The food in Shanghai was a good variety of both dishes and cuisine, and I really appreciated how much effort Caroline put into making sure our 素菜宝宝 had enough to eat.