Korea Teachers’ Research Trip
This Korea teacher trip is an incredible opportunity to discover a fascinating country and test it out for an educational tour for your students. We have curated a week-long adventure in this beautiful nation that is designed to give teachers the chance to sample some of the awesome activities on offer. We have a range of cultural experiences alongside subject-specific options.
Korea is a true treasure trove of educationally enriching experiences, and on this Korea teacher trip, we aim to showcase a series of these here along with having a great time in this vibrant and exciting nation. In Seoul, we’ll enjoy a series of hands on activities with a cooking class, Taekwondo demo, coding experience and the chance to learn some Korean. Plus- hear from a North Korean defector about life there and gaze into North Korea from the DMZ. There’s a blend of the ancient and the modern: the former through Hanok villages, royal palaces and a traditional Nanta Show and the latter via a virtual reality experience, Samsung D-Light exhibition and a K Pop experience. We’ll also head into the mountains for meditation and tranquility as well as time at the beach-side city of Busan with its innovative science museum, stunning beaches and majestic seafood market. (April 3rd-10th, 2022 with options to get a later flight)
✓ Local tour guide in each city
✓ All accommodation costs
✓ Several dinner and lunches included
✓ All transportation costs, airport pick-up & drop-off
✓ All activities listed in the itinerary
✓ 24-hour emergency contact support during the trip
✓ Detailed pre-departure summary & briefing
✓ Full financial failure protection
✓ Public liability insurance
✓ Our trips are fully risk-assessed
An Example itinerary
- Take a flight from the UK to Seoul with Korean Air
- Arrive at the airport and transfer to the hotel
- Enjoy a Korean cooking class
- Visit the N Seoul Tower, enjoy the views and have a welcome dinner
- Head to the demilitarised zone between North and South Korea- look at the view, see an infiltration tunnel and discover more about the relations between the two.
- Take part in the W Coding class to learn some basics!
- K-pop, or Korean pop music, has become a global phenomenon in recent years. A visit to the SM Town Coexartium offers you the opportunity to visit K-pop recording studios and see hologram performances from the genre’s megastars.
- Learn the basics of spoken and written Korean Language during a beginners’ language class.
- Marvel at a Taekwondo demonstration
- Visit Gyeongbokgung Palace and explore the grounds
- Step back in time with a visit to the Bukchon Hanok Village
- Meet with a North Korean defector and hear stories about the journey of this divided peninsula.
- Watch a Nanta Show- a brilliant physical comedy show!
- Visit Samsung D-Light – exhibition highlighting the latest technology
- Enjoy a lunch fit for a royal with a series of delicious dishes
- Transfer to the Golgulsa Temple and enjoy a Sunmudo demonstration
- Immerse yourself in your surroundings with an overnight stay at the temple
- Kick off the day with a meditation experience with the monks
- Transfer to Busan- visit the National Science Museum and see some scientific marvels.
- Visit Songdo Beach and ride the Marine Cable Car!
- Stroll along Gwangalli Beach with stunning views of Gwangandaeygo Beach
- Relax at Spa Land- a quintessential Korean experience
- Explore the sights and sounds of Jagalchi Market – the largest seafood market in Korea
- Head over for a cutting edge virtual reality experience
- Stop into Korea’s Santorini- the art village of Gamcheon where we will have a photography competition.
- Reflection session in Seoul
- Fly home or carry on your trip!
✓ Accommodation at guesthouses
✓ Private coach transfer
✓ All accommodation and transport used is fully audited
✓ Expert local tour guides provided
✓ Pre-trip support, we can provide fapiaos and school parents’ evenings
✓ Educational materials available and all business visits and workshops included
Hassle free for teachers! The Learning Adventure is experienced in running trips for schools – they know all the drills, e.g. first-aid, insurance, risk assessments, visa application, diet requirements, you name it.
Our guides were remarkable in their care and concern. They appreciated our needs and requests as well as made the time to choose meaningful activities for us. Very well done.
Health & safety were well taken care of. None of the travellers got sick because of food on the trip, and an effort was always made to ensure the cleanest available restroom. We were always advised to wear seatbelts on the bus when on the highway. The food in Shanghai was a good variety of both dishes and cuisine, and I really appreciated how much effort Caroline put into making sure our 素菜宝宝 had enough to eat.
Thank you so much for the incredible experience, we all had an amazing time. I can't stress enough how great Katsumi was as a guide, he built a great relationship with the students and helped us feel safe and engaged throughout. Nishant was also very good when we had him for Kesenumma and he again built good relationships with the kids and his knowledge was great. Thanks again and look forward to working together again down the line!
Thank you for making the trip such a wonderful memory.
TLA [The Learning Adventure] was great about incorporating our requests for travel and including their own recommendations. As always, a true pleasure to work with. Their attention to details is truly amazing.
Fantastic! Helpful, patient, passionate; an ambassador for her country - she created a great impression on the students. Very personable.
I really enjoyed every part of The Learning Adventure as it helped me learn a lot of new interesting things and gave me an insight into business and how to make a start in it, particularly a start-up. Beginning with a short tour around Greater London informed our team about the historical context of the amazing business district and how it all started, and later on I found the start-up activity absorbing and interactive while the entrepreneur who talked to us about such things like career options helped a lot. Our guide was friendly and everything went smoothly. Thank you so much The Learning Adventure!
I just wanted to thank you for putting together such a great trip for our students. The feedback from the staff was excellent and they were particularly impressed by the communication in the build-up to the trip, along with the local knowledge of the guide, the range of activities, and the clear contingency planning when the weather didn't cooperate. I am very keen that we repeat this trip next year…
Thanks for being fun, polite, and patient. We appreciated everything from bringing us on subways to public transport to ordering special food to being on time.
We enjoyed all the activities immensely, there was a huge range. The school we visited this time was brilliant, so well organised. The guides really tried hard to reference the aims of the trip. Peter was exceptional, he was kind and was very concerned that everyone was well and enjoying themselves. He was also very informative. The geography lecturer was exceptional and fitted the brief 110%!
The students got the chance to experience the environment of a corporate office which gave them an idea of what working life might be like in the future. The workshops and talk by the guest speaker gave the students insights into start-up businesses and ways in which they can seek support to be entrepreneurs. The students felt really inspired by the talk given by the young entrepreneur as having a young person speak to them about success helped the students to understand that they can have confidence in themselves and their futures. The students enjoyed the workshop where they were given the opportunity to work together and share creative thoughts about start-up ideas. Thank you for organising a really insightful, educational and fun-filled trip for our students. They really enjoyed it!
Korea FAM Trip Application Form
Teachers from the GCC and MENA regions are invited to apply for the Korea teacher trip organised for February 11th-18th 2024. For more information, contact email@example.com.