Student Video Competition T&C’s
We love creating bespoke school trips, but we don’t usually get to see the experience from a student’s perspective. That’s why we’re running a competition for students to enter short films of their experience with us, to be in with the chance of winning a trophy/certificate and £50-£100 (TBD) in Amazon vouchers as a prize. Once the competition closes at the end of May 2019, The Learning Adventure team will pick our top 5 entries, upload them to our blog and let the public vote for the ultimate winner.
- Be a maximum of 3 minutes long
- Show activities that The Learning Adventure provides. If you loved walking along the Great Wall, get it in the video!
- Show students. Everyone loves a couple of scenic shots, but it’s also great to see students sharing The Learning Adventure experience.
- Be creative! As long as you make sure you do the above, make the video as exciting and creative as you can. We want to see all the film directs of the future display their talent.
The best videos are usually put together on some form of editing programme or app. As we are aware, many students won’t have access to purchased versions of these. Here are lists of free editing apps and programmes students may wish to use.
- Videos must not contain copyrighted material. As music is great to have in videos here are some royalty free music sites we would recommend students to take music from.
- For each trip, maximum of 1 video can be entered on behalf of the school. Videos can be made by an individual student or a group, however, the £50-£100 Amazon voucher is to be spent by the teacher to reward the class/trip group as a whole.
By entering a video, students agree for The Learning Adventure to be able to upload them to our YouTube account and our other social media platforms.
- The competition will run from the launch of The Learning Adventure at the beginning of October 2018 until the end of May 2019.
- The Learning Adventure will give credit for your work on our platforms and provide a link back to any personal media page or projects that you would like to promote.
How to Enter
- Videos should be saved in a format supported by Youtube and not be larger than 2GB in size
- Please save the videos titled with your school name, trip destination and month of trip. E.g. ‘Whitechapel School – Beijing, China – October’
- Send us your video using WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org