From April 2023, Japan tourism e-Visas are now available for all residents of the UAE and Saudi Arabia!
This is especially good news for schools and their students, as well as educators who have long wanted to visit the Land of the Rising Sun for its rich history & culture, unique geography, striking seasons, and renowned cuisine traditions. The introduction of the e-Visa system in Japan means that schools in the UAE now also have the opportunity to easily organize trips that focus on business & technology, arts & culture, sports like skiing, and geography.
At The Learning Adventure, our trips are focused on immersive experiences. Whether visiting the Universal Studios Japan near Kyoto, living amongst the sights and sounds of Tokyo, or learning from Japanese businesses at the forefront of science and technology, our trips to Japan are a true reflection of its rich heritage and impressive future. Our school trips also provide the opportunity for students to take part in activities such as martial arts classes, head up hiking trails, and visit temples that educate on Japan’s religious traditions.
The visa process is almost entirely online, but usually does require a payment of nominal fee of around 82 AED/80 SAR (approximately 22 USD) in cash at the consulate or embassy in the respective countries. The procedure for the new Japan e-Visa application launched in April 2023, and is described here in 5 simple steps:
- Verify the type of visa necessary to visit Japan, and the documents to submit.
- Enter the information necessary for the online visa application.
- The results of your visa application will then be sent to your registered e-mail address.
- You’ll then pay, if necessary, the visa fees notified to you by e-mail to the Japanese overseas establishments where you are applying. For UAE, this will be at the Consulate General of Japan in Dubai or at the Embassy of Japan in Abu Dhabi. For Saudi Arabia, please reach out to the local consulate or embassies in your closest cities for the payment.
- If payment required, the e-VISA will be issued after the payment has been made. If the visa is free of charge, it will be issued automatically after Step 3.
For more information on the e-Visa application, follow this link.
You can find the full list of our Japan itineraries here.
If you are a school based in the UAE or Saudi Arabia, and you’re interested in learning more about The Learning Adventure’s exciting educational tour opportunities, you can reach out to Junaid Ahmed, our regional representative.
☎ +97 1508674801